Monday, August 11, 2008

Best And Worst Fantasy Football Analysts

Nowadays, there are probably 5,000 different people giving fantasy football advice online and somehow, they get paid to do so. There is no way to know who's the best in cyberspace without stopping at each one, and I simply don't have the time. So here's the fantasy football "experts" that I think you should be listening to from their respective mainstream media outlets:

  • Best: Matthew Berry (ESPN) -- He is routinely funny and very insightful with everything he says. Berry also doesn't feel so much like an "expert". He doesn't talk like he is a fantasy God and that is refreshing in today's media.

  • Worst: Eric Karabell (ESPN) -- He's annoying, constantly wrong, and usually pisses me off. Maybe he's not a bad guy once you get to know him, but from what I can tell, he's a detriment to your fantasy title hopes.

  • Best: Andy Behrens/Brad Evans (Yahoo!) -- I like these two because they write unique and interesting articles rarely sounding dull or repetitive which is a challenge in itself.

  • Worst: Brandon Funston (Yahoo!) -- Somehow, I despise Funston despite the fact that I love the idea of the Big(ger) Board he does. Constantly, he overvalues the wrong things, misses the right things, and jumbles everything. The BB is great, but somehow he ruins it.

  • Best: Dave Richard/Jamey Eisenberg (CBS Sportsline): These two basically are identical, with the exception that they wear combating skin colors. I love their list based columns, especially the fact that they get to the point and aren't too wordy.

  • Best: Greg Ambrosius (Sports Illustrated): Ambro does the positional rankings for SI and in my opinin does a great job doing so. He gives you the paragraph that you want, gives all facts, and nothing else. Really does a good job, especially in the positional rankings department.

So there is it, the best and worst of the so-called experts. Too be honest the only way to find your own preference is by reading for yourself. But, even more important is making your own rankings when all is said and done. In my mind, I don't care if T.O. is the number one WR at the end of the year and every analyst said so. I hate him. I'm not picking him. He's too much fun to root against.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that
    it is truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.
    I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    Also visit my weblog; chiropractor austin

    ReplyDelete

GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! A1 Web Links -