Thursday, August 7, 2008

Insomnia

I'm finding it hard to sleep after such a busy day in the sports world. Here's whats on my mind:
  • My take on the Brett Favre trade: Everybody loses. I couldn't agree more with Mike. Favre certainly will make the Jets a better team, but are they a playoff caliber team? Not in the AFC...I see them going 8-8 or 9-7. I truly believe Brett loses too, because if reunited in Tampa with Jon Gruden, he would make the Bucs a legitimate super bowl contender. The only real winner here is Jets ownership from a business prospective. No doubt the Jets will profit from this move. Unfortunately we as fans really don't care.
  • Ryan Ludwick is an absolute monster, homering in his 5th straight game tonight. Yet another "feel good story" in St. Louis, I really hope he isn't just a one year wonder. He is carrying my fantasy team.
  • After trying out NCAA Football 09 today, my excitement for madden has grown exponentially. The gameplay looks outstanding.
  • Did Jeff Karstens really come within 4 outs of a perfect game? Wow. The change of scenery is doing wonders to almost every single player moved before the deadline (Sabathia, Harden, Bay, Manny, Griffey, and even guys like Brandon Moss and Karstens).
  • The Beijing Oylmpics are underway (sort of), and the US has already experienced its first defeat. I'm pretty surprised by the poor showing of the women's soccer team, but I'm sure the defending gold medalists will bounce back.
  • I have mixed feelings about this upcoming fantasy football season. It seems like there are just so many boom or bust type players this year. I think I'm going to be a big time risk taker this year.
  • Be on the lookout for me and Mikes inaugural fantasy football player rankings. We're anticipating sometime next week.
Thats really all I've got for tonight. I'm looking forward to turning on the T.V. sometime in the near future and not hearing the words "Brett" or "Favre". But as long as ESPN exists and Brett Favre is breathing, we all know this is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! A1 Web Links -