Saturday, August 2, 2008

Rob Neyer Recycling


Neyer normally writes interesting and fresh articles, so that is no surprise. His most recent two stand out very much and warrant quick responses here for both.


For one, The Baseball Project, a new rock album solely about baseball seems like an awesome idea. I just recently purchased a copy and am awaiting it's arrival to give it a spin and see how it is. I'm sure it'll be a great baseball collector's item, but not much else. That however, is enough for me.


Secondly, Strat-O-Matic baseball is the introduction to his second post, which brings back fun memories of the boardgame many people wasted tons of time playing. It really was addicting once you got into it, but it was only for hardcore baseball fans. The average person had no such passion for a slow-paced baseball simulator, and you can't really blame them. My dad, luckily for me, wasn't one of those people and showed me the classic game when I was young. Now that I think about it, I may go through the old games and take Strat-O-Matic for a spin once again. If you've never played I'd recommend grabing an old used set and giving it a go, before they become extinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! A1 Web Links -