Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quick Brain Scan

Not truly a Mind Dump, because I haven't that much excess thought lying around...
  • Surfing Rob Neyer's blog, I can't help but agree: Where is Fransisco Liriano?, Jeff Samardzija in the pen is a great idea, and the Phillies rotation is still a mess. Why wouldn't I agree? the man is obviously smarter than me, and most of us when it comes baseball.

  • Mark Teixeira trade good for both sides. Matt was right. Why else would I blog with the man?

  • Read Love of Sports' Top 20 Baseball Quotes of all Time. It's a great list. My personal favorite, that isn't on the list is from Bull Durham: "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Just let that sit for a while, it gets better with age.

  • Sal Fasano is sad and that makes me sad. You've got to love Sal, if not for his tremendous facial hair, then for the fact that he Plays The Game Right. Sal was a true ballplayer and I will always wish that I showed up at the ballpark and showed him respect like all these great people.

  • It appears the Phillies may try to swap Pat Burrell for Manny Ramirez. At first, this seems like a no-brainer for the Phils, but "Pat the Bat" is having a similar statistical season and the people love him. We may have to think this one over a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! A1 Web Links -