Sunday, July 27, 2008

Random Thoughts 7.27.08

  • I find it astonishing that the Bears and Devin Hester have reportedly agreed to a 4 year $40 Million contract extension. However the more I think about it, who else possesses better ability to change a game than Devin Hester? Good signing.
  • I really think Manny Ramirez might be mentally ill. But he could play for my team any day. How many players hit .315/35/120 year in and year out and enjoy playing as much as Manny. Some people are turned off by Ramirez odd behavior, but to me "Manny being Manny" brings a certain energy to the clubhouse that can't be duplicated.
  • It hurts me to say this, but you gotta hand it to the Phillies. They have a lot of fight in them. No lead is safe when you play the Phils.
  • The Dodgers made an interesting move in acquiring Casey Blake. I like it a lot, and I think Blake is a very underrated player. He's a solid veteran bat that should make the Dodgers a much better team.
  • Did the Orioles really lose 15 straight games?? That franchise is a disaster.
  • Is it just me, or did anyone else completely forget the WNBA even existed before last weeks brawl?
  • I think its safe to say that the arrival of David Beckham did nothing to promote American soccer. However, I do have very high hopes for the US in the 2010 World Cup. I could easily see us making it out of group play. Unless of course they put us in the "group of death" agian.
  • I'm excited for fantasy football, but I having a real tough time making my rankings. It seems like there is a major drop-off at every position after the first tier. Especially at QB and RB. On top of that, there are so many players (Steven Jackson, Larry Johnson, Derek Anderson) that could be big time boom or bust. It should be interesting.
  • The Mets are absolutely on fire, and playing like a team. If Santana builds off of todays complete game dominance, and Pelfrey and Delgado continue to tear up the league, watch out. The Phillies really scare me though.

3 comments:

  1. Apparently they let women play basketball now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can two nice boys like you be misogynists? (I'll wait while you look it up ....) Didn't your moms raise you to be open minded?? Girls rule.

    ReplyDelete

GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site! A1 Web Links -