Rose missed Monday's practice after he needed 10 stitches to close a gash suffered when he said he rolled onto a knife while eating an apple in bed.
"It was a silly incident," Rose said. "I was cutting up some food and I laid on a knife getting lazy in bed. I went to go get a bottle of water, came back, forgot the knife was there, then sat down and sliced my arm."
Unbelievable. This brings back flashbacks to Brandon Marshall injuring himself by "slipping on a McDonald's bag" this offseason. I just don't understand how athletes can take such great care of their bodies, and then hurt themselves in such a ridiculous manner.
Other notable "wacky" sports injuries over the years:
- John Smoltz scalded his arm while ironing a shirt that he was wearing!
- Glenallen Hill fell out of bed and crashed into a glass table while having a nightmare that he was being attacked by spiders
- Sammy Sosa once suffered from back spasms after a violent sneeze
- Brian Griese sprained his ankle after being run over by his dog.
- Bill Gramatica pulls his hamstring celebrating a successful field goal try.
- Minnesota Timberwolves center Jason Collins suffered an elbow injury when his golf cart tipped over in the offseason.
- 300 pound defensive tackle Gabe Watson fractures his kneecap after falling off a treadmill this past April.